Happy World Card Making Day! I’m thrilled to join in the Operation Write Home Blog Hop! I’ve got a few cards to share super-quick tutorial video. So let’s jump in!
I used the Challenge Sketch #183 to make my cards, which all have the “Thank You” theme. First, here’s the sketch:
And now my cards.
Do you notice how there are just little changes? If you’ve been here before, you know that I’m a fan of working in a series and trying out different “variations on a theme” when it comes to following a sketch. (Click the post and read the whole article and see if I can’t convince you, too!)
Just little changes- like placing the pearls on the left instead of the right- or making the strip across the bottom more narrow- well, those are little changes that help balance a card.
Now, I promised you a video. My tip is about using dye pads to embossing and also using clear acrylic stamps! (Hint- it involves using TWO stamp pads!) Take a look!
Any questions? I hope it inspires you to try something new and get more use out of your dye-based ink pads!
That post I mentioned about Four Stamp Pads Every Crafter Should Have in the video…well, that’s worth a read, too.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I’d love to hear your comments. Happy World Card Making Day!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018