You may recall that earlier I reviewed the Artisan X-Plorer by Spellbinders. While I like the compact size and metal gears, I was somewhat disappointed by it’s ability to cut thicker materials such as denim and plastics. Well, the Spellbinders folks heard my cry (or maybe they were just lightyears ahead of me!) and debuted a METAL SHIM at CHA summer this year.
This little baby makes ALL the difference!
Really, it’s just a metal plate that creates a firmer surface for your thin-rule dies.
I made you a video to explain more:
Bottom line- if you want to cut thicker items in the Artisan X-Plorer, the Metal Shim is a MUST HAVE- and for an addition $12 bucks, it’s well worth it!
Disclosure: Product provided for review, but opinions are honest and my own. Links below are affiliates and I may receive a tiny commission with your purchase.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018