Happy Friday, friends! We’re in the homestretch of the Christmas holiday now, and I’m STILL making little gifts. Today I came up with this idea to make some metal-work ornaments. Wanna see?
Disclosure- some of the links below may be affiliate links or links to reviews.
For this bird version, I then embossed the shape using a Cuttlebug folder. To make it really POP,Â I colored the de-bossed side with Bic Mark-It markers. (Read my review of them here.) Since they work on non-porous surfaces, they are optimal for metal crafts. And oh, how luminous these colors are:
Next, I decided to free-hand a design on a bird shape & hand-tool it so that it was 3-D. (I used assorted metal tools for this.)
Then I colored it in with my Bic Mark-It Markers and let them dry.
In the meanwhile, I cut an extra birds shape from embossed craft metal and from adhesive backed foamies. I peeled off the backing on the foamies and layered it in between the two layers of embossed metal. (I used The Best Glue Ever to glue the non-adhesive side.)
I placed a ribbon hanger in there, and voila- a hand-tooled ornament suitable for any season!
For this version, again, I free-handed my design. I started in the middle, with the heart, and worked my way out. When I was done tooling, I colored the design with my Bic Mark its and punched some holes. This piece will get mounted on a journal.
These other piece s could beÂ sweet little embellishments for a card or…hmmm. Not sure yet!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018