Just wanted to let y’all know that I posted a Mother’s Day project on CraftsUnleashed today.
Here’s how I describe it on CU:
The basket base of this craft was designed and featured in Martha Stewart Living Magazine in April, 210, page 160. I just decided that it needed to “kicked up a notch” by personalizing it with photos. And my good friend and decor expert Stacy was the one who thought to use the fan pulls in a non-traditional way. So really, it was a collaboration between Martha, Stacy, and myself. (wink!)
You think Martha is reading??
Well, anyway, I just wanted to add a few thought here on Mother’s Day… I personally have a number of friends struggling with infertility. Some of my gal-friends have never been able to conceive, and a few have borne one child, only to have problems adding to the family.
In my personal experience, we had our first child with no issues….and then we had a string of miscarriages. It was devastating to have had ONE healthy child and then not be able to repeat the performance, so to speak. And then we had folks telling us how lucky we were to have had a least one child.
(By the way, that only pisses off the infertile couple. Don’t do that.)
Anyway, I’m super-sensitive about Mother’s Day, so I guess I’m suggesting that you keep these women/couples in your mind and perhaps honor their struggle. Many have pets, so you could adapt this craft to put doggie-or-kittie photos in the middle. Or if there are nieces/nephews in their lives, use those photos instead.
You could also just make plain flowers with a heart or cross in the middle to honor the babies they conceived who didn’t make it. (In that case, I’d have four flowers in my bouquet.)
So, honor your Mom, your motherhood, and your “sisters” who so desperately want to join the “Mother-Hood” this year.
And a big hug to you all.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018