I love a good challenge. And I really love it when I get to craft with someone I admire and respect. So this week I was doubly-happy when Vicki O’Dell (the Creative Goddess) visited CTD WHQ (CraftTestDummies World Headquarters) and we cracked into a new box of goodies from the Martha Stewart Crafts “Stitched” line from EK Success. Here’s what we had to work with:
We received a lovely selection of paper, tags, labels, borders, and stickers. We both loved the vintage-quilt feel and bright color palette. It almost sings “Mother’s Day!” So… we decided to make a Mother’s Day present with basic tools and the products from the line. We also just picked from the ready-to-embellish items I have in my craft vault. I chose this narrow clipboard:
Since it already has a smooth, finished surface, I used an adhesive tape runner to affix a piece of pretty patterned paper. Then I added a border along the left hand side with foam squares. I even added some extra dimensional stickers to add extra texture!
And don’cha want to know what Vicki made? Well, you’ll have to visit her blog here to see!
But stay tuned…tomorrow I’ll show you the companion card I made!
Have you make a gift for your favorite motherly-type-person yet? This would make a great teacher gift, too!
If you are interested in purchasing the Martha Stewart Crafts “Stitched” collection, please support crafty goodness at CraftTestDummies and use our affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018