Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018
It’s been about a 3 weeks since I got home from Creativation 2018! It’s taken me that long to recover from a massive chest cold, unpack, and “get settled.” (And I had a kid with an impacted wisdom tooth and house remodeling just to complicate things!)
While I put the Creativation 2018 videos up on YouTube, I realized I hadn’t shared them here on the blog. So for the next few weeks I’ll be sharing videos and reviews of products I saw in Phoenix.
For the first of these posts, I’m sharing my new “craft crush” Jane Davenport. I reviewed her Mermaid markers last year, but this was her first time at the tradeshow. She was gracious enough to share her new product lines with American Crafts and Spellbinders as well as share her lovely artwork with us! Take a look:
So first, I’ll say that I am in LOVE with some of her new products- especially those paintbrushes with the texture ends and the “box of glances.” (And oh geez, how cute is SHE? She just oozes charm!)
I have to admit I ran right out and picked up a tin of the “Brights” watercolors at Michael’s, using my 40% off coupon.
But you could also get them from Amazon for about 1/2 price here! (affiliate link)
I spent nearly all last week playing, and I came up with two tutorials! I’m going to share the first one with you here, and save the second for later this week when I do a proper review.
I was smitten by some night sky cards I saw on Instagram by an artist feed called @ThisWritingDesk. She’s obviously a GOOD watercolorist, but I thought it was pretty accessible, so I gave it a go. And then I kind of got obsessed.
So here’s the video of the full tutorial for my Night Sky Cards featuring Jane Davenport watercolors!
So… I can see myself starting a collection of her paints. And maybe the acrylics? What products are YOU interested in? I’d love to know so I can seek out products for more Jane Davenport product reviews!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018