So, the new Cricut machine was leaked out to the Cricut Circle members last night, and debuted at CHA today to consumers and the media. Yes, the rumors were accurate- this is a machine that can print AND cut! This is the info I got from ProvoCraft:
As a Cricut Circle member, we wanted to introduce you to the exciting new product being revealed and celebrated at CHA. Letâ€™s hear a warm round of applause for Cricut Imagine, the worldâ€™s first tool that precisely prints and cuts with the touch of a button, requiring no computer or software.
With print and cut together, now and you can add color and dimension to your creative projects, bringing them to life like never before. Cricut Imagine saves you time since you no longer have to use three different tools to get designs, print, and then cut projects. The new machine helps you add more personalization and creativity to projects with a new library of content including shapes, patterns, and color. In addition, Cricut Imagine is easy to use and is built upon award-winning cutting and printing technology from Provo Craft and HP. Cricut Imagine is currently on display at the Craft & Hobby Association Summer Convention and Tradeshow in Chicago.
Cricut Imagine gives new life to all your original Cricut cartridges! Now you can add colors and patterns when pairing the original cartridges with NEW Cricut Imagine Colors and Patterns cartridges.
â€œCricut Imagine is not only unique to the crafting industry, but to the world of technology. There is not another device that incorporates printing and cutting the way this machine does,â€ said Jim Thornton, CEO of Provo Craft. â€œThe pairing of print and cut technology could only be done by the leaders in each categoryâ€”HP and Provo Craft. Weâ€™re eager to see what our customers can now do with a simple sheet of white paper and Cricut Imagine print and cut technology.â€
Cricut Imagine features include:
- Cricut Imagine cartridges are enhanced by Cricut Pattern and Cricut Color cartridges to add dimension and layering
- Cricut Imagine is fully compatible with all original Cricut cartridges.
- Compatible with Gypsy by Cricut handheld design studio
- Easy-to-use LCD touch-screen navigation so that all information is right at your fingertips
- New detachable accents to be able to personalize your machine with colors and textures
- Access to a vast new library of content and artwork: Over 150 original Cricut cartridges (with several new cartridges introduced each month), 12 new Cricut Imagine Art cartridges specifically for this new machine, plus 12 new Cricut Imagine Colors & Patterns cartridges
- On-board color and pattern selector – choose your own colors, sizes, and much more
- Works with paper sizes up to 12â€ x 12â€ and make cuts from .25â€ to 11.5â€, making large-format print and cutting possible
- Retractable paper tray
- No computer necessary
- Uses same blades and blade housing as current Cricut products
- Uses a separate mat than original Cricut machines
Other interesting points:
- You can still use your regular carts in the Imagine, but of course you won’t be able to use the patterns, etc. You can “fill” a shape with color, though.
- You CANNOT use your Imagine carts in the Expression, V-1, or Create, however.
- Replacement cartridges for the black printer cartridge will run about $34.99
- Replacement cartridges for the color printer cartridge will run about $39.00
- Other HP printer cartridges will NOT work in the create.
- The new mats will work in the other Cricut machines, but not vice-versa.
- The new mats are priced the same as the older ones.
- You can use the same blades in the new machine.
Pretty cool, right? YES! So I’ve got more to come on the Imagine!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018