My name is Becky Striepe (pronounced “stree-pee,” like “sleepy”), and I am a freelance writer and vegan crafter living in Atlanta, Georgia. My life’s mission is to make green crafting and vegan food accessible to everyone!
5 tools or supplies you can’t be without
1. Vintage buttons
2. Ric Rac
3. Fabric scissors
5. A rainbow of thread colors
4 favorite sources of creative inspiration
1. Food and cooking – I love making things for the kitchen!
2. Found Objects – Often I let the materials I have handy drive my making.
3. Nature – There is a huge tree (I mean HUGE!) outside the front window in my studio, and when I’m feeling blocked, I like to stare at it. Something about that tree helps get my brain working!
4. TV/Books/Movies – I read and watch a lot of science fiction, and those influences creep into my crafting a lot. When we found out I was pregnant, I started planning space- and robot-themed nursery crafts before we even knew whether we were having a boy or a girl.
3 motifs that appear in your work often
2. Machine embroidery stitching
3. Nature themes – leaves, flowers, twigs, sticks, etc
Name 2 free or really cheap “supplies” you use in your work
1. Wine corks
2. Sticks and fallen tree branches
What is your super power?
1. Making a meal when the pantry is bare.
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA 2015 Day 2 - January 20, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- CHA 2015: Day 1 - January 11, 2015
- Craft Product Review: Mod Podge Furniture in 3 Finishes - January 5, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014