My name is Amy. I am a 36-year-old crafty gal who has lived all over the country (a lot in the Northwest) and finally ended up in Atlanta. I was born from creative genes, so I’m carrying on the tradition. I have been knitting for 18 years, sewing for longer and decoupaging for just a few. I do all of these things on a daily basis, or at least as much as I can. In addition to Mod Podge, I love the color blue, dogs, reading, cold weather, funny movies, road rallies, yogurt, garden gnomes, sock monkeys, running, tattoos, being outdoors, buttons, snuggling and apparently blogging. Who knew I would love it this much?
5 tools or supplies you can’t be without
1. Let’s get washi tape and Mod Podge out of the way first! I have two blogs devoted to those products, so obviously I have to have them on hand at all times.
2. Craft knife. It doesn’t matter what kind, but I’m always cutting and hacking things.
3. Printer. Great for crafts, great for work. I can Mod Podge photos at a moment’s notice!
4. Paper. I love all kinds of decorative papers, even solid color paper as well.
5. My phone. I know it sounds crazy, but I use my camera in a pinch . . I set reminders . . I check e-mail. It’s a business tool (at least I tell myself that). A business tool that I can play games on if I like!
4 photos of your work:
3 Motifs that appear in your work often:
1. Bright colors – especially contrasting with neutrals
2. The color blue – in all shades. I just can’t seem to escape it. I love it!
3. Repeating patterns – I like bold patterns that repeat in fabrics or papers.
2 things I am not very good at:
1. Time management – part of it is that I like to work and don’t know when to stop; but everyone needs to take breaks to be refreshed.
2. Being nice when I’m tired – I can get really grouchy when I haven’t had enough sleep! I’d love to be a nicer person even when I’m exhausted (I’m working on it!).
What 1 thing would you like to brag about?
I wrote my book while I was working full time and managing/writing for several blogs. I can’t believe I made it through. I look back and think, “who was that woman?” Definitely couldn’t do it again!
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014
- Review: Stencib Self Adhesive Stencils - May 27, 2014
- Review: Clover Bead Loom Kit - April 29, 2014
- Review: Clover Beading Loom - March 18, 2014