Here we are… that season again! Time to share our gifts this holiday with the people we love- and a handcrafted gift is really a gift from the heart! Today I’ll show you how to craft a recycled jelly jar into a sweet hostess gift or appreciation gift with just a few supplies. This one is Christmas-themed, but you could also use different colors for Winter or Hanukkah.
Here’s your supply list: (some links are affiliate links and I keep this site going with those funds.)
- Jelly jars- new, recycled, or thrifted!
- Mod Podge Sheer Tints in your choice of Green, Red, or Blue
- Burlap (recycled or ribbon)
- Jewelry Glue (or other glue for metal/glass surfaces)
- aluminum ribbon or fabric ribbon
- Jute twine
- Holiday Stickers like these: Jolee’s Trees, Snowflakes, Dreidls
Plus you may want to have a paintbrush, freezer paper, and a few clothespins on hand.
I made this video for you to show you step-by-step. It’s only 6 minutes long. You’ll probably need less than a 1/2 hour of crafting time, excluding the time you’ll need for the Mod Podge and glue to dry.
If you aren’t familiar with Mod Podge Sheer Tints, you can find a review of it on CTD here!
I hope you enjoy making these as much as I did! And if you need some more holiday crafting ideas, please check out my Last Minute Ornaments, Post-It Note Holders, Santa Hat K-Cup ornaments, “Surprise” Acorn Ornaments, American Crackers, Peppermint Thins, and Essential Oil Sugar Scrubs!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018