As I was strolling through the new product section at CHA, I came across a product that I’ve seen in my Local Quilt Shop, but might be new to lots of crafters: Amazing Tape.
What’s so amazing about Amazing Tape? First: it isn’t tape. That’s right, it has no adhesive at all. It is best described as “cling wrap on steriods”.
Quilters have been using Amazing Tape for years to secure thread onto spools. It can be used just as easily for yarn, ribbon, and other craft supplies. Great for securing things, like the broken garden tool in the image above. Also a handy tool to have on hand to secure items in place as you wait for glue to dry.
I had a chance to chat with the folks from Amazing Tape, and learned a lot about the origins. I had no idea that it is an award-winning product! It won the Art Fry Award back in 2002. Don’t know who Art Fry is? He’s the inventor of Post-It Notes!
I’ve got a quick video for you below, sharing a little of the Amazing Tape Booth. You can watch the video and learn more about Hugo’s Amazing Tape on the Amazing Tape Website.
- Selecting Batting for your next Quilt Project - May 5, 2015
- Product Review: Terial Magic - January 7, 2015
- Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Quilters - December 22, 2014
- Lumi Sunfold Product Review - September 15, 2014
- Iron Cover Comparison - September 9, 2014
- Clover Press Perfect Iron Safe Review - September 8, 2014
- Fiskars Rotary Blade Replacement Review - September 3, 2014
- Book Review: Simple Beginnings Beading - July 16, 2014
- Book Review: Bewitching Bead and Wire Jewelry - July 10, 2014
- Book Review: Never Been Stitched by Amanda Carestio - June 23, 2014