As an intermediate beader, I’ve made my share of earrings, bracelets, and necklaces. I have a simple style that I stick to… and I am ready to branch out. So I was super excited to be sent Bewitching Bead and Wire Jewelry by Suzanne J.E. Tourtillott to review.
Here is what the publisher has to say about the book:
These 40 fun projects—rings, bracelets, earrings, necklaces, cuffs—will inspire wire workers, beaders, and all types of creative crafters. Written by Suzanne Tourtillott, author of the highly successful Contemporary Bead & Wire Jewelry, this stunning collection showcases contemporary and beautiful pieces in a wide range of styles. Readers will learn everything from assembling handmade links into chain, to wire wrapping gemstones, and even light forging. A comprehensive basics section helps novices achieve success.
I absolutely loved this book, and bookmarked half a dozen different projects I wanted to create. I loved the different combinations of materials in this book! These beaded earrings with chain stood out.
And this wire wrapped jewelry is stunning.
Both of these projects are on my must-try list. There were really so many fun projects with new techniques for me to try. Exactly what I needed to get me out of my jewelry-making rut! In the end, I settled on these earrings:
I didn’t have any of the cute bird beads, but that didn’t stop me. I had some great star beads that would work great.
The holes in my star beads were too small for my headpins, so I substituted them for pearls in my final earrings, but still love the way they turned out! And the directions were perfect!
Bewitching Bead and Wire Jewelry is a fantastic collection of imaginative and creative beading and wire projects, sure to inspire any beader to create new and exciting pieces. I would highly recommend this book for any experienced beader looking to try some fun new techniques.
You can purchase Bewitching Bead and Wire Jewelry in paperback for $19.76.
- Selecting Batting for your next Quilt Project - May 5, 2015
- Product Review: Terial Magic - January 7, 2015
- Last Minute Stocking Stuffers for Quilters - December 22, 2014
- Lumi Sunfold Product Review - September 15, 2014
- Iron Cover Comparison - September 9, 2014
- Clover Press Perfect Iron Safe Review - September 8, 2014
- Fiskars Rotary Blade Replacement Review - September 3, 2014
- Book Review: Simple Beginnings Beading - July 16, 2014
- Book Review: Bewitching Bead and Wire Jewelry - July 10, 2014
- Book Review: Never Been Stitched by Amanda Carestio - June 23, 2014