I bet if you look around in your closet or dresser, you’ll find it- a blah, boring tank top or tee-shirt. You can transform it in about 2 hours (plus drying time) into a fun, stylish top! You only need a few tools and supplies, so let’s get started.
- Clover Yo-Yo makers in small, medium, and large
- Sewing supplies: Needle, thread, scissors
- Fabri Tac fabric adhesive
- tank top or tee shirt from your closet
- 1/4 yard of coordinating fabric (I had a batik print on hand)
- coordinating 1/4 inch ribbon
- Viva Decor Pearl Pen in Cream
First, I made some yo yos in all three sizes. I ended up using 2 large, 3 mediums, and 2 smalls, but you can use as many as you like to suit your design. I laid out my design on top of the tank and played with it until it got an arrangement I liked.
Then I glued the yo-yo’s to the tank by adding a dab of Fabri-Tac to the back of the yo-yo’s, adding in bits of ribbon to make a free-flowing look.
To kick it up a notch, I used a Viva Decor Pearl Pen to add the stamen to the center of the yo-yo flowers, and then added some “pearls” around the fabric embellishments.Â You’ll be amazed at how quickly the little drops of paint round off and look like pearls!
Let this dry for 24 hours for the paint & glue to dry. You’ll love that you can actually machine wash your tank (no dry cleaning) after the paint and glue is fully dry!
Now go look in your closet and get crafting!
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017