I am a super-novice knitter and crocheter. I can make a mean dishcloth and slightly-wonky scarf, and not much else. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t love- and use- yarn in my crafting. I mean, who doesn’t need a pom-pom wreath or some eyelash-fringe on an art quilt? So I decided to share my perspective of the new Martha Stewart Wool Roving Yarn by Lion Brand with you here today.
Here’s how it is described on the website:
Article # 5200
Soft, natural roving wool works up fast for warm, cozy sweaters, long scarves, and colorful hats. It’s also great for felting projects.
Made in the USA.
Now, as you can see in the photo, it’s a big fluffy yarn- super chunky. It looks so much like roving that I thought I’d give it a pull to see how easily it separated. Surprisingly, it has good tensile strength and I couldn’t pull it apart using my finger and thumb. It’s stronger than it looks, folks!
Did I mention that it comes in yummy colors? The nice folks at Lion Brand sent me 3 half-skeins to play with, but I’m already drooling over the other colors I see on this sample card:
Time to get playing! First, I used a Clover mini-loom to make a little flower embellishment with it.
Next, I tried some weaving on a straw loom. I used the MS Roving Wool for both the warp and the weft.Â The yarn was easy to work with and wove well.
The bottom line is that this yarn is a great yarn for crafters- even if you don’t knit a stitch, there are plenty of fun ways to use Martha Stewart Wool Roving Yarn in a TON of projects. And at $5.50 a skein, it’s a moderate price. (BTW, there are some good deals on Amazon, too!)
Disclosure: Sample provided for review.
If you are considering purchasing Martha Stewart Wool Roving Yarn, I hope you’ll use my affiliate links:
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018