Happy World Card Making Day! I’m thrilled to join in the Operation Write Home Blog Hop! I’ve got a few cards to share super-quick tutorial video. So let’s jump in!
I used the Challenge Sketch #183 to make my cards, which all have the “Thank You” theme. First, here’s the sketch:
And now my cards.
Do you notice how there are just little changes? If you’ve been here before, you know that I’m a fan of working in a series and trying out different “variations on a theme” when it comes to following a sketch. (Click the post and read the whole article and see if I can’t convince you, too!)
Just little changes- like placing the pearls on the left instead of the right- or making the strip across the bottom more narrow- well, those are little changes that help balance a card.
Now, I promised you a video. My tip is about using dye pads to embossing and also using clear acrylic stamps! (Hint- it involves using TWO stamp pads!) Take a look!
Any questions? I hope it inspires you to try something new and get more use out of your dye-based ink pads!
That post I mentioned about Four Stamp Pads Every Crafter Should Have in the video…well, that’s worth a read, too.
Thank you so much for stopping by. I’d love to hear your comments. Happy World Card Making Day!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017