If you like to journal or scrapbook, having a great white gel pen is really handy to have. A nice white line on a dark background can have a LOT of impact and “pop!” But which white gel pen really delivers?? I was on a quest to find out and today I’m sharing my results of the American Crafts Ultimate Gel Pens white pastel, Sanford Uni-Ball Gel Impact Pen -White, andSakura 58471 Souffle 3-Dimensional Opaque Ink Pen, White
So first, let’s take a closer look at the nibs and how the gel ink presents as you are using the pen.
OK! Now let’s take a look at how these gel pens perform on darker papers.
I’m not sure if it shows up on your monitor, but the Uni-ball Signo showed up as the most crisp and opaque white gel pen of the three.
So that’s pretty good for solid color papers. But what happens if you want to use patterned or printed paper. For the next swatches I used sheet music paper that had been stenciled and also some white paper that had spray mists printed on them.
As you can see- or not see, as the case may be- you can barely see the Amercian Crafts pen in the bottom sample. The Souffle pens showed up, but the results were much more subtle. Again, the Uni-ball Opaque Gel was the clear stand-out.
Lastly, I thought I’d double-check how the Uni-Ball performs on lighter paper. After all, that might be the biggest challenge- white pen on a light back ground. So I did a bit of doodling in my Smash Book. Take a peek:
So there you have it. I know there are probably other white gel pens out there, but these were the 3 available at my local brick-and-mortar stores. I’m going to stock up on Uni-Ball Signo White Gel Pens and keep one with my Smash Book, one with my art journal, and another in my studio. (OK, maybe two.) I’m happy to find a white gel pen that really works!
Do you use white opaque gel pens? Did I miss your favorite- or confirm it? I’d love to hear your comments.
If you’d like to purchase one of these gel pens, please support CTD by using one of the Amazon affiliate links in this post or below. Thanks!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017