Well- it’s almost here- the 2012 Winter Craft and Hobby Association Conference and Tradeshow! For the uninitiated, its the twice-yearly “Oscars of Crafting.” It’s where: companies come to show off new releases: shop owners come to decide on what products to carry and take classes;Â craft designers show off creations and seek to create relationships with companies; and craft test dummies like yours truly go to see what the trends and product offerings are.
I’m heading out to Anaheim morning, armed with a laptop, camera, and video camera and a long, long list of meetings to take and things to see. If you are interested in a REALLY comprehensive list of “sneak peeks,” then you’ll want to visit Scrapbook Update– they have an amazing collection of links.
However, these are a few of the products/releases/events that I’m getting excited about!
Spellbinders is coming out with M-Bossibilities. This new line has TWO textures per embossing folder. How smart is that? Twice the value with less storage space. Watch this video:
I’m looking forward to their new dies, too- they are some of my favorites.
Now, of course, Tim Holtz is still a force with his dies, stamps, and now...Distress Markers! They have both a writing tip and a brush tip- so you can also use it to ink up smaller stamps. There is also of his release of the “Stamp 2 Cut” cartridge for the Sizzix eClips. It’s meant to work with his Stamper’s Anonymous stamps. I’m not too sure about this one. What do you think?
I kinda feel like maybe he just should have licensed his artwork to ProvoCraft to use with the Cricut Imagine. It kinda seems like a lot of work to me.
I’m also looking forward to the new Crafter’s Workshop stencils. They’ve got new designs by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer AND are making stencils for the Dylusions line for Ranger. Here’s a preview from Julie:
Of course, we’ll be looking at paper, adhesives, stamps, yarn crafts, sewing notions, and more!
Make sure you are following along with all the fun, too: I’ll be updating my CraftTestDummies Facebook page, and will be tweeting @CraftTestDummy. If you are on Twitter, you might want to follow #TeamCTD for tweets from the rest of the Craft Test Dummies team, too! After all, Haley Pierson-Cox, Vicki O’Dell, Sara Carns and Jen Clark will all be there scouting and writing posts every day!
What do YOU want us to check out for you?
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018