Well, this week was certainly….interesting. It started on SUNDAY with a trip to the Emergency Room. Contrary to logic, I did not suffer a crafting accident. Instead, it was a sad mishap involving a very sharp ceramic knife and an avocado.
Public Service Announcement: If you are trying to pit an avocado with a knife, please place your non-dominant hand on your HEAD. Do not attempt to hold said avocado while you pit it. Thank you.
I’ll spare you photo of my “FrankenThumb-the shot of my gory stitches, but I did spend the week trying to craft with THIS:
Anyway…that leads me to the posts for the Week In Review- which includes some Giveaway winners!!
First though, let’s recap the reviews….
- Book Review: “The Impatient Beader Gets Inspired” by Margot Potter.Vicki takes the book for a spin and whips up some clever earrings.
- Pinata Inks by Jacquard. I gave these bright, alcohol-based inks a whirl and shared a video demo.
- “Design Elements” rubber stamps by StacyStamps. Great open-area stamps for collage, paper piecing and Zentangling.
- Design Adhesives by ClearSnap. They are a 2-sided sticker that acts like a sticky rub-on. Fun stuff!
But wait! There were some other cool posts on CTD this week:
- Then, I wrote a post on how I incorporate my crafting into my spiritual practice for Lent.
- I shared a step-out tutorial on how to make this cool bib necklace:
We also had a little Giveaway celebrating my new Twitter milestone- over 6,000 followers! I just pulled a name, and the winner is…
CARMEN! (Her favorite color is green!)
If you didn’t win, don’t despair. We still have an open Giveaway by Jacquard– two sets of Pinata Inks!
Lastly, here’s a little bit of what is coming SOON at CTD WHQ….
So that was MY week….how was yours? Make anything cool? I’d love to hear from you…..
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017