Disclosure: Samples provided for review purposes; however my opinions are honest and my own and based on my first-hand experience. I was not financially compensated for this review/video nor does the product company have any control over it’s content. Some links below may be affiliate links and I will be compensated with a portion of the purchase price- usually 5-7%. So thank you for your support!
Chalk paints are ALL the rage right now- they are a easy way to transform thrift-store finds into modern treasures. Today I’m taking a loot at the Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor Paint from Plaid.
Here’s how they are described on the website:
Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor PaintAvailable in a charming palette of traditional and stylish colors, the paint requires no prep and dries with a beautiful matte chalk finish, or it can be distressed or sealed with a clear or antique finish.
And the line also includes brushes, stencils, waxes and tools for special effects. But I’m focusing here on the paints.
First, it comes in SO many colors!
And they are pretty yummy.
The paint is thick, opaque, and very creamy. No discernable odor, either. And since it’s an acrylic, that means that it’s an easy water-and-soap clean up.
I made you this video that will cover most of the particulars and you can see the paint in action!
And now to see that table one more time…
This whole table took 1 complete bottle of Wedding Cake (under $12), a little bit of Brook, (I like a 2-inch short handle paintbrush to apply the color) and a 1/2 bottle of Clear Wax to seal it. I do recommend the big puffy brush for applying the wax– it’s really great!
I have to tell you that I was VERY skeptical that this paint could be so great:
- no prep or priming
- one coat coverage
- easy clean up
- soft, suede-like finish
But this paint does it all! I’m seriously looking at more tables, chairs, and shelves to upcycle with this paint. I just LOVE it!
Have you tried chalk-finish paint? What brand do you like? Have tips or pointers for us? We’d love to hear from YOU!
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017