What do you get when you add vintage post card images from Dover, Mod Podge in 4 formulations, and some Plaid Extreme Glitter paint? A cool door decoration, of course!
I started by printing out some copyright-free images from the Dover Halloween Collection that I reviewed a few weeks back. Then I gave them a quick coat of Matte Mod Podge to seal them. (Handy tip- only swipe over the image once. The colors will bleed if you brush back and forth.)
After they were dry, I used Mod Podge Shimmer and Extreme Glitter paints as accents. I especially liked using the MP Shimmer on the pumpkins, and the MP Glitter on the candles and text. I used MP Dimensional Magic on a number of places to add more of a raised, glossy effect. Here’s a close up of the middle panel so you can see:
So now for the fun- the winners of last week’s Mod Podge Week Giveaways! I used Random.org to select the numbers…but then had to count out the winners myself. Which was tough with all the responses! My eyes may have crossed a little…but anyway, congrats to:
- MP Classic: (#23 out of 53) MINA!
- MP Shimmer: (#65 out of 67) LINH C!
- MP Glitter: (#57 out of 67) ELAINE C!
- MP Outdoor: (#39 out of 60) SHONI!
- MP Dimensional Magic: (#13 out of 56) AMANDA!
Thanks, everyone for a GREAT Mod Podge Week! It was so much fun, I just may have to do another version in the future….and a special thanks to Amy of Mod Podge Rocks for supplying the goodies!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017