What do you get when you add vintage post card images from Dover, Mod Podge in 4 formulations, and some Plaid Extreme Glitter paint? A cool door decoration, of course!
I started by printing out some copyright-free images from the Dover Halloween Collection that I reviewed a few weeks back. Then I gave them a quick coat of Matte Mod Podge to seal them. (Handy tip- only swipe over the image once. The colors will bleed if you brush back and forth.)
After they were dry, I used Mod Podge Shimmer and Extreme Glitter paints as accents. I especially liked using the MP Shimmer on the pumpkins, and the MP Glitter on the candles and text. I used MP Dimensional Magic on a number of places to add more of a raised, glossy effect. Here’s a close up of the middle panel so you can see:
So now for the fun- the winners of last week’s Mod Podge Week Giveaways! I used Random.org to select the numbers…but then had to count out the winners myself. Which was tough with all the responses! My eyes may have crossed a little…but anyway, congrats to:
- MP Classic: (#23 out of 53) MINA!
- MP Shimmer: (#65 out of 67) LINH C!
- MP Glitter: (#57 out of 67) ELAINE C!
- MP Outdoor: (#39 out of 60) SHONI!
- MP Dimensional Magic: (#13 out of 56) AMANDA!
Thanks, everyone for a GREAT Mod Podge Week! It was so much fun, I just may have to do another version in the future….and a special thanks to Amy of Mod Podge Rocks for supplying the goodies!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing and Giveaway! - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018