Hello Crafters! Today we are going to take a look at Ranger Ink‘s new embossing powder program via a video review! Ranger has had their AMAZING embossing powders on the market for as long as I can remember. One of the first Ranger products I ever bought was their Red Tinsel embossing powder when I was about 14 years old! (That was over fifteen years ago! Wow, how crafty time flies!)
This last CHA, Ranger and Tim Holtz unveiled their new embossing powder program. Same powders, some new, some discontinued, but all around awesome still! Take a look at the video below and let me know what you think!
Now, the day after I filmed the above video I was at the local craft store, and I spyed with my crafty eye another one of Ranger’s Specialty embossing powders, and one of my favorites from Ranger U, the Holographic Embossing powder. This stuff is magical and amazing. As you heat it, the embossing crystals actually change color. It will first change to yellows and greens, then shades of red and orange and finally after a while, it will turn to hues of blue and violet. Below is a sample I tried to heat at different amounts so you can see how many awesome colors you can get from this one powder!
One thing to note is that this embossing powder works best when used on black cardstock and papers. Otherwise, it simply doesn’t have the same effect. Below I stamped with black ink on a manilla tag and you can still see some of the holographic effect, but not as much as above. If you stamp and emboss with a clear ink, it will look like a clear embossing powder with a little bit of glitter mixed in.
Well crafters, that’s about it! Please let me know if you have any embossing powder questions and I’d be happy to answer them! You can buy Ranger’s embossing powders at your local craft store as well as through many online retailers!
- Brand New Tim Holtz & Ranger Ink Distress Oxide Review - April 12, 2017
- Rhonna Farrer Chalkboard Wall Art Tutorial – - December 15, 2016
- Make Distress Paints into MARKERS! - March 15, 2016
- CHA 2016 – Ranger Ink Designer Challenge – - January 16, 2016
- Craft Product Comparison and Overview: Ranger Ink Paints - November 11, 2015
- Product Review: Ranger Ink – Dina Wakley Media Paints and Fine Tip Applicator - August 16, 2015
- Product Review: Dyan Reaveley Dylusions Paints From Ranger Ink - June 9, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Tim Holtz Idea-ology Booth Tour - March 18, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Heidi Swapp Booth and Minc Video - March 13, 2015
- CHA 2015 – Beadalon 3D Bracelet Jig - March 12, 2015