If you ask three different people who went to the Craft and Hobby Association Trade show what trends they saw forming you would likely get three different answers. Partly because different people are drawn to different craft forms and partly because the show floor is HUGE and there is no possible way to remember every thing you saw.
Having said all of that, here are some trends I saw.
- Fiber arts are BIG! Think embroidery, felting, “painting” with wool, and weaving. A couple of booths had new weaving tools that I hope to be reviewing soon and I saw more yarn booths at this show than any other show CHA I’ve been to in the past.
- Tassels are still HUGE and will be for a while in home decor, jewelry and crafts.
- Three booths had tepees
- Animals and forest critters abound – even in home decor.
- The mixed media category is growing strong and has begun to infiltrate just about every crafting category
- Adult coloring was EVERYWHERE! Books, printables, stamping and even booth walls!
Which trends are you loving now? What would you like to see more of?
This post and video are part of our coverage of the Craft and Hobby Mega Show (industry trade show) also known as the CHA Show 2016. It was January 7-12 in Anaheim California and we were there to get all of the new product information and demos for YOU! Please check the CHA 2016 tab for more coverage and all of the videos are on the CHA 2016 playlist on YouTube. Enjoy!
- Pat Catan’s Craft Stores Acquired by Michael’s - February 2, 2016
- Vicki’s CHA Trend Sightings - January 20, 2016
- Vicki’s Favorite Picks from the CHA Top 20 Products - January 10, 2016
- CHA Show 2015: Behind the Scenes with Vicki - January 30, 2015
- CHA 2015 Day 2 - January 20, 2015
- CHA Show 2015 – New Jewelry Products to Watch For - January 19, 2015
- CHA Show 2015: Yarnia - January 15, 2015
- CHA 2015: Day 1 - January 11, 2015
- Craft Product Review: Mod Podge Furniture in 3 Finishes - January 5, 2015
- Trend Report for 2014-2015 – Home Decor - November 26, 2014