We love Valentine’s Day here at Craft Test Dummies World Headquarters. We make our own Valentine’s Day Cards, jewelry, and of course we have a special yumm-o treats complete with Valentine’s Rosette decorations! This is a great way to dress up class party snacks!
I just make a simple rosette and affix it to a straw or skewer, depending on the treat.
You’ll need: (Some links below are affiliate links:)
- some pretty paper (not too heavy- lightweight is actually best)
- 1/8 inch scor tape or other DRY adhesive
- Rosette Die (if you have a die cutting machine) OR
- Pinking/scalloped edge scissors
- Valentine’s Stickers like these ones from K & Company. But you could cut out hearts, use foamy stickers… it’s up to you!
To make the rosette, I used my Tim Holtz die- but it’s as easy as cutting a strip of paper 1.5″ by 12″. Cut one side with straight scissors, and the other with the scallop scissors (length-wise.) Then accordion-pleat it every 1/4″ inch. Join the ends to make a circle using dry adhesive. Trust me, dry is the BEST way to go! Then smash it down so that it’s flat. Then adhere a 1.5″ circle of paper OR a sticker to keep it laying flat.
I wrapped a bamboo skewer with some washi tape, then placed into the middle as shown above. Then I used some cute felt stickers to finish it off.
If you have little kids and don’t want them to have the pointy decoration, you can make a rosette on a straw, too- great for fun drinks! Follow the same instructions as above, but place a straw all the way in the pleats below the bend. Here’s a picture of both kinds.
Wouldn’t that be cute for a birthday, too?
Happy Valentine’s Day, all!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018