Minifig Lego Soaps for Boys, Girls and Geeks!
Yes, friends, the Valentine’s season is upon us, and it’s time to find some non-caloric ways to say “I Love You.” So this year, since Legos are all the rage at my house, I figured that some nice Mini Figs would be a great gift. But why just GIVE the minifigs when you can encourage good hygiene, too?
- Lego Mini Figs or other small plastic toys
- clear glycerine soap base
- soap molds
- small rhinestone hearts (for children over 3, please)
- microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl
- fragrance, if desired
Making them is super simple. Following the directions on the package, melt some soap base and add fragrance. Place your Mini Fig or toy face-down in the mold.
Add your rhinestones, too. (For kids 4 and up.) By the way, the like to sink. Fill up the mold.
If you want to see how it looks, please DO NOT lift if over your head to peek!! The hot soap can leak and burn your face a bit. (Ask me how I know!) Instead, place a hand mirror on the table and gently lift your mold over it to see.
Place your soap mold in a cool place to let it cool off for an hour or so. Just before de-molding, pop it into the freezer for a few minutes. I comes out super-easy then.
Now I just have to think up a cute saying and wrap these up with baker’s twine to put in the kid’s Valentine’s packages. How about, “You’ll never Lego my heart??”
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY & GIVEAWAY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017