Minifig Lego Soaps for Boys, Girls and Geeks!
Yes, friends, the Valentine’s season is upon us, and it’s time to find some non-caloric ways to say “I Love You.” So this year, since Legos are all the rage at my house, I figured that some nice Mini Figs would be a great gift. But why just GIVE the minifigs when you can encourage good hygiene, too?
- Lego Mini Figs or other small plastic toys
- clear glycerine soap base
- soap molds
- small rhinestone hearts (for children over 3, please)
- microwave-safe measuring cup or bowl
- fragrance, if desired
Making them is super simple. Following the directions on the package, melt some soap base and add fragrance. Place your Mini Fig or toy face-down in the mold.
Add your rhinestones, too. (For kids 4 and up.) By the way, the like to sink. Fill up the mold.
If you want to see how it looks, please DO NOT lift if over your head to peek!! The hot soap can leak and burn your face a bit. (Ask me how I know!) Instead, place a hand mirror on the table and gently lift your mold over it to see.
Place your soap mold in a cool place to let it cool off for an hour or so. Just before de-molding, pop it into the freezer for a few minutes. I comes out super-easy then.
Now I just have to think up a cute saying and wrap these up with baker’s twine to put in the kid’s Valentine’s packages. How about, “You’ll never Lego my heart??”
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017
- Cricut Maker Unboxing, Set Up & First Project Review - September 12, 2017
- Tim Holtz/ Tonic Stamping Platform Review - September 5, 2017
- TouchFive Markers Review and Demo - September 1, 2017
- Marbling Medium from Martha Stewart Crafts - August 29, 2017
- Kit XChange Organization System - August 25, 2017
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017