You remember I reviewed the Fiskars Fuse Creativity System last fall- and I found it to be an amazing and sturdy machine. The only question in my mind at that time was “when are they going to come out with larger dies?” After all, the machine is massive and could take much larger dies that the ones they initially come out with. Well, the wait is over- there are now NEW dies and expander packs that fit 12X12 paper, border dies, and new minis, too! Of course, I had to give them a test run. First, let’s look at the biggest ones- the LARGE dies, I received the Favor Wrap and Treat Boxes to review, as well as the expander packs for additional letter press designs. These dies are BIG! After all, they cut 12X12 sheets of paper. There are also new border dies and expander packs- they will fit a 12X12 sheet of paper as well: And if “Big” isn’t your thing- how about some minis? These measure 2-4 inches across and also come with expander packs to include more letterpress designs!
Of course, it’s always easier to show you, so I made you a video so you can see the dies and samples I made in more detail:
Now, these babies are impressive but not cheap. The large dies are $89.99 each and the expander packs run $22.49 USD. The border dies are $35.99, and the minis are $26.99 and the expander packs for those are $13.99. Considering the size and versatility you could justify them if you planned to use them often enough.
What do you think- do you love the new sizes? I’d love to hear your opinion!
Disclosure: Sample provided for review purposes.
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018