You may recall that earlier I reviewed the Artisan X-Plorer by Spellbinders. While I like the compact size and metal gears, I was somewhat disappointed by it’s ability to cut thicker materials such as denim and plastics. Well, the Spellbinders folks heard my cry (or maybe they were just lightyears ahead of me!) and debuted a METAL SHIM at CHA summer this year.
This little baby makes ALL the difference!
Really, it’s just a metal plate that creates a firmer surface for your thin-rule dies.
I made you a video to explain more:
Bottom line- if you want to cut thicker items in the Artisan X-Plorer, the Metal Shim is a MUST HAVE- and for an addition $12 bucks, it’s well worth it!
Disclosure: Product provided for review, but opinions are honest and my own. Links below are affiliates and I may receive a tiny commission with your purchase.
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017