Wow! What a week! This weekend I got my Martha Stewart Paints by Plaid (available exclusively at Michael’s, by the way) and I got to business testing them out.
I can’t tell you how I agonized over which to make- some fun witch shoes for Halloween or to upcycle a wooden chest. So how about today I share the chest, and we’ll do the shoes in a week or so, OK?
So I started off with this worse-for-the-wear wooden chest. (Maybe from Ikea? It was a hand-me-down from a friend.)
Next was to give the outside of the cabinet a nice base coat of paint, and for this I decided to use the Spray Paint kit. I used Satin paint for this. (PS-I’ll be doing a whole review on the spray paint kit soon.) I mixed up the paint with the satin medium, and started to spray away.
The cabinet was unprimed, so the paint sunk in quite a bit and two took coats.
Then I pulled out my Satin and High Gloss Paints, stencil brushes, foam pouncers, and stencils and set about decorating. I used some fern and butterfly stencils on the side.
To paint the front, I decided to tape all of the drawers together and treat it like one big surface. (A little painter’s tape helped with that.)
And then I popped on a Fine Line Top and added 3-d accents using the High Gloss paints.
After a few hours drying time, I put the drawers back in-it was like putting together a puzzle- and voila! It was done!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018