I go through little notebooks like fishes go through water. I keep one in my car, one in my purse, one in my coat pocket…. well, lets just say you can’t have too many. They are ridiculously easy with Claudine Hellmuth’s Sticky Backed Canvas and they make great gifts, too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mini Notebooks from the Dollar Store
- Claudine Hellmuth’s Sticky-backed canvas
- Paint, markers, etc. to decorate the canvas
- Hole punch or X-Acto knife
- Elastic cording, like from a present or candy box (recycled)
- Mod Podge Dimensional Magic
- Scissors, stickers, glitter…
First, I decorated the sticky-backed canvas with Claudine Hellmuth’s Studio Paints and her Creative Layers stamps. When you are working on your canvas, try not to try too hard- just have fun with your paints and stamps, layer as you will, and don’t think too much. You’ll only use a portion of the canvas, and you can pick the part that you like best!
After your SB Canvas is dry, audition it on your mini notebook. I decided on a part that I liked and traced my open notebook on the paper side. Because I’m a monogram freak, I punched a hole on the left side of my canvas (which will be the front side.) I peeled the paper backing off of the canvas, and then placed a little scrap paper over the hole. Make sure you put a little adhesive on that part, then begin covering your notebook, front side first.
Right before you but the canvas on the back cover, tuck your piece of elastic between the canvas and the back cover of the notebook. Use a little extra adhesive if you need to.
Now smooth everything down, using an old credit card to make sure it’s all well-adhered. To finish off my notebook, I added a sticker “J” (just a leftover from something else) and then I covered the reverse-applique with Mod Podge Dimensional Magic and threw in a little glitter.Â Let it dry completely. You’re done!
Now isn’t that cuter than just a plain notebook? I bet you’ll be taking extra notes just to use up all the pages so you have an excuse to make more. They make great little teacher’s gifts, too!
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017