A few weeks ago I had the good fortune to travel with my family to London for 10 days worth of walking, sight-seeing, and of course, searching for art and craft!
Just walking around the city you can’t help but be inspired by the architecture.
And in our travels, I found some amazing works of art/craft that couldn’t help but take photos of so I could share with you:
This was the alter cloth at All Hallow’s Church– reportely the oldest church in London. But there is nothing old or fuddy-duddy about this dynamic work of art. The treadplay is amazing! I also found this traditional cross-stitch piece hung there:
Lastly, the Kensington Palace has been transformed into the “Enchanted Palace”- a multi-media exhibit illuminating the lives of seven princesses who lived there.
The exhibit is amazing, and sadly they don’t allow photos in most of the spaces. However, in this one room- the Voice of Power- the docent was kind enough to let me snap a few. Everything was made from covering structures with KNITTING- the throne, the crown, the orb- even the tapestry on the wall!
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017