Here’s another tutorial I did for CraftsUnleashed- it’s so fun and easy for the kids to do! Would be fun for their rooms, as well. I got the idea for decorating a mirror from this post I wrote about Pattie Wilkinson’s washer necklaces!
Remember getting your first locker? How cool it felt- and SO grown-up- to have your own private space. A space not just to keep your books, but a space that became a home-base for the day. A space to DECORATE!
Help your tween decorate their space- be it a locker or bedroom- with this quick and economical mirror. All you need is a few beads, cut-outs from magazines, and adhesive sheets, and you are ready to go!
- Flower Mirror and/orÂ Star Mirror
- Darice Adhesive Sheets
- a crayon
- Magazines to cut up
- Alphabet Beads (optional)
- Seed Beads and/ or
- Micro Beads
- E-6000 glue
First, place the adhesive sheet, paper side up, on top of your mirror. Using the crayon, make a rubbing of the mirror. (You can also use a pencil, but the rubbing is way easier.) Cut out the outline of the shape of the adhesive sheet and then also cut out the inside section around the mirror itself. Then remove the blue backing from the adhesive sheet and apply it to the white portion of the mirror.
Ask your kiddo to cut out small pictures and words from their favorite magazines. As you can see, I have a soccer and lego fan in my house!Â Also, you can press small alphabet beads or poetry tiles into the adhesive- just nothing too heavy.
Now sprinkle on seed beads in the school’s colors or your favorite color scheme. Then sprinkle on micro beads, if you like, pressing the beads into the sticky adhesive with your fingers.
Finish with adding some fine glitter over the whole thing- it’ll stick to the smallest spaces and fillÂ the empty spots.
Now glue on some magnets and you are ready to rock your locker!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018