I was up earlier than usual this Sunday AM and found a fun show for pre-kinders and early elementary grades while flipping around. It’s called Noodle and Doodle and airs on Sprout, or on NBC Kids in the early AM.
I looked it up online, and here how it’s described on the Sprout website:
Craft, eat, and ride on your favorite bus with Noodle and Doodle. Have fun learning to cook new and exciting things every weekend as Noodle and Doodle journey onward together.
On the day I tuned it, they were making “under the sea” cookie pops and crafted “Mermaid Tails” using recycled bubble wrap to create the scale texture. I love how recycling was a prominent part of the craft projects.
And if you don’t have cable, don’t worry- you can watch the segments online! And even tho my kids are older, I think my 7-year old would still enjoy watching the craft segments online and re-creating the crafts by herself. She’s already very interested in recycle crafting, and the host of the show- a guy named “Sean” has a nice conversational style. In short, just because the kids on the show are younger, I tink that the show would appeal to her a s well.
There are also recipes and printables on Sprout online, too, to help you craft and cook with your kiddos at home, too. I especially like the search bar on the side which you can use to sort crafty by material. So if you have, say, a shoe-box, you can search all of the shows for crafts that use a shoebox. It’s a nice way to help jumpstart your kiddo’s imagination.
Have fun cooking and crafting with your kids!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017