Here’s another tutorial originally posted on CraftsUnleashed– the “Tree” theme is perfect for fall and winter holidays.
I love sending cards – it’s a nice way for me to tell some of my friends and relatives that I’m thankful for them. However, you can adapt this card to be a thank you card, thinking of you, even a fall birthday card. Let’s get started!
- Core’Dinations Cardstock- 12X12 stack in “Elements”
- Core’Dinations Distress Tool
- Darice Tree Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders Nestibilities dies “Label 4”
- Martha Stewart Paper Trimmer
- Sew Easy Floss in XX
- Glue Glider Pro
- 3-D Zots
- Distress Stickles in Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, and Tarnished Brass.
- Label maker
First, cut your cardstock:
- 7″ X 10″ piece for the card base (I chose deep green). Fold in half lengthwise to create a 5″ X 7″ card.
- 4 3/4″ X 6 3/4″ piece of brown for the front
Then emboss your brown cardstock with your sanding tool to bring out the image. (I LOVE this folder, and have a bonus version for you at the end.)
Next, use the Distress Stickles to apply the three different colors in a random fashion on the leaves. Set it aside to try and cut the 2 sizes of the Nestabilities labels with the Cuttlebug. Using the Glue Glider, adhere one on top of the other, then create the “Thankful” label. (Alternatively, you could stamp it, use rub-ons, stickers, or even handwrite it.)
When the Stickles have dried, wind some of the floss around the bottom of the card. Use the Glue Glider to keep the ends from unwinding, then add enough adhesive to attach it to the card front.
Attach the “Thankful” embellishment to the card using 3-D Zots to help it stand off of the card front.
Add an additional, larger “label” die cut to the inside to hold your message, if you like.
Now…remember that I told you I’d share a different version? Well, here you go. Same embossing folder, but this time I used Pearl Cardstock and just a few dots of Fired Brick Distress Stickles to make the winter berries.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this card, and make some of your own!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017