I wrote this article for CraftsUnleashed, but I wanted to share it over here, too- because this is a trend that isn’t slowing down any time soon!
What is “CHA”? It’s the Craft and Hobby Association trade show and it happens twice a year. I’ve just returned from the 2010 Summer show in Rosemont, Illinois, and I thought I’d share some of the trends I spotted.
Following last year, BANNERS are still hot, hot, hot! Banners made of paper are the biggest trend, but I’m also seeing them made of fabric, canvas, and cardboard.
As you can see in the detail above…well, DETAILS!And lots of layers. It’s as if each flag in the banner is it’s own work of art. Lots of die cuts, brads, and rosettes round out the look. I think the ones above are made of crepe paper.
I’ve also seen rosettes as the WHOLE banner:
And here is a super-simple advent calendar made of tags and then strung into a primitive style banner.
Oh, so much fun!
If you’d like some instructions, you can read how to make my Fiesta Banner or the Easter Banner. And you can be sure there are more to come, because this trend has no signs of slowing down anytime soon. I couldn’t be happier!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY & GIVEAWAY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017