I wrote this article for CraftsUnleashed, but I wanted to share it over here, too- because this is a trend that isn’t slowing down any time soon!
What is “CHA”? It’s the Craft and Hobby Association trade show and it happens twice a year. I’ve just returned from the 2010 Summer show in Rosemont, Illinois, and I thought I’d share some of the trends I spotted.
Following last year, BANNERS are still hot, hot, hot! Banners made of paper are the biggest trend, but I’m also seeing them made of fabric, canvas, and cardboard.
As you can see in the detail above…well, DETAILS!And lots of layers. It’s as if each flag in the banner is it’s own work of art. Lots of die cuts, brads, and rosettes round out the look. I think the ones above are made of crepe paper.
I’ve also seen rosettes as the WHOLE banner:
And here is a super-simple advent calendar made of tags and then strung into a primitive style banner.
Oh, so much fun!
If you’d like some instructions, you can read how to make my Fiesta Banner or the Easter Banner. And you can be sure there are more to come, because this trend has no signs of slowing down anytime soon. I couldn’t be happier!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017