I wrote this article for CraftsUnleashed, but I wanted to share it over here, too- because this is a trend that isn’t slowing down any time soon!
What is “CHA”? It’s the Craft and Hobby Association trade show and it happens twice a year. I’ve just returned from the 2010 Summer show in Rosemont, Illinois, and I thought I’d share some of the trends I spotted.
Following last year, BANNERS are still hot, hot, hot! Banners made of paper are the biggest trend, but I’m also seeing them made of fabric, canvas, and cardboard.
As you can see in the detail above…well, DETAILS!And lots of layers. It’s as if each flag in the banner is it’s own work of art. Lots of die cuts, brads, and rosettes round out the look. I think the ones above are made of crepe paper.
I’ve also seen rosettes as the WHOLE banner:
And here is a super-simple advent calendar made of tags and then strung into a primitive style banner.
Oh, so much fun!
If you’d like some instructions, you can read how to make my Fiesta Banner or the Easter Banner. And you can be sure there are more to come, because this trend has no signs of slowing down anytime soon. I couldn’t be happier!
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017
- Digitizing Your Die Cuts with Cricut Design Space! - September 19, 2017