I wrote this article for CraftsUnleashed, but I wanted to share it over here, too- because this is a trend that isn’t slowing down any time soon!
What is “CHA”? It’s the Craft and Hobby Association trade show and it happens twice a year. I’ve just returned from the 2010 Summer show in Rosemont, Illinois, and I thought I’d share some of the trends I spotted.
Following last year, BANNERS are still hot, hot, hot! Banners made of paper are the biggest trend, but I’m also seeing them made of fabric, canvas, and cardboard.
As you can see in the detail above…well, DETAILS!And lots of layers. It’s as if each flag in the banner is it’s own work of art. Lots of die cuts, brads, and rosettes round out the look. I think the ones above are made of crepe paper.
I’ve also seen rosettes as the WHOLE banner:
And here is a super-simple advent calendar made of tags and then strung into a primitive style banner.
Oh, so much fun!
If you’d like some instructions, you can read how to make my Fiesta Banner or the Easter Banner. And you can be sure there are more to come, because this trend has no signs of slowing down anytime soon. I couldn’t be happier!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018