As many of you know, I am a planner failure. And I art journal in fits-and-starts; sometime it’s daily, and then I’ll go for months without doing a thing in it. But I do make quite a few lists and I use my journals to make my daily task lists and plan out projects for the blog, my show Hands On Crafts for Kids, and other things.
After a while, my journal is just an ugly mess of obsolete pages. So…now I transform them. Into art journal pages!
It’s pretty simple and easy to do, and a lovely way of rewarding yourself for getting those pesky lists DONE.
I’ve made you a video of the proces. It’s about 6 and a half minutes long, but you see the whole thing.
Now… if you are wondering, here are the products I’m using. (Some links may be affiliate links.)
- BeePaper Super Deluxe heavy weight drawing paper jounal (93 lbs paper), size 9″ by 9″
- DecoArt Acrylic Gesso (it’s very thick)
- Adirondack Inks
- Faber Castell Gelatos and/or
- Recollections Watercolor Crayons
- Rubber stamps
- India Black Ink
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Faber Castell metallic pitt pens
- Dylusions Paint Pens
- Paper Doilies and Washi tape
I hope you are inspired to try transforming your journals- as long as you have moderately heavy-weight papers (90 lb or higher) it can take the gesso and wet mediums. And what a way to reward yourself for crossing tasks off of your list!
If you have experience with art journaling, please leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear from YOU!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018