As many of you know, I am a planner failure. And I art journal in fits-and-starts; sometime it’s daily, and then I’ll go for months without doing a thing in it. But I do make quite a few lists and I use my journals to make my daily task lists and plan out projects for the blog, my show Hands On Crafts for Kids, and other things.
After a while, my journal is just an ugly mess of obsolete pages. So…now I transform them. Into art journal pages!
It’s pretty simple and easy to do, and a lovely way of rewarding yourself for getting those pesky lists DONE.
I’ve made you a video of the proces. It’s about 6 and a half minutes long, but you see the whole thing.
Now… if you are wondering, here are the products I’m using. (Some links may be affiliate links.)
- BeePaper Super Deluxe heavy weight drawing paper jounal (93 lbs paper), size 9″ by 9″
- DecoArt Acrylic Gesso (it’s very thick)
- Adirondack Inks
- Faber Castell Gelatos and/or
- Recollections Watercolor Crayons
- Rubber stamps
- India Black Ink
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Faber Castell metallic pitt pens
- Dylusions Paint Pens
- Paper Doilies and Washi tape
I hope you are inspired to try transforming your journals- as long as you have moderately heavy-weight papers (90 lb or higher) it can take the gesso and wet mediums. And what a way to reward yourself for crossing tasks off of your list!
If you have experience with art journaling, please leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear from YOU!
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017