As many of you know, I am a planner failure. And I art journal in fits-and-starts; sometime it’s daily, and then I’ll go for months without doing a thing in it. But I do make quite a few lists and I use my journals to make my daily task lists and plan out projects for the blog, my show Hands On Crafts for Kids, and other things.
After a while, my journal is just an ugly mess of obsolete pages. So…now I transform them. Into art journal pages!
It’s pretty simple and easy to do, and a lovely way of rewarding yourself for getting those pesky lists DONE.
I’ve made you a video of the proces. It’s about 6 and a half minutes long, but you see the whole thing.
Now… if you are wondering, here are the products I’m using. (Some links may be affiliate links.)
- BeePaper Super Deluxe heavy weight drawing paper jounal (93 lbs paper), size 9″ by 9″
- DecoArt Acrylic Gesso (it’s very thick)
- Adirondack Inks
- Faber Castell Gelatos and/or
- Recollections Watercolor Crayons
- Rubber stamps
- India Black Ink
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Faber Castell metallic pitt pens
- Dylusions Paint Pens
- Paper Doilies and Washi tape
I hope you are inspired to try transforming your journals- as long as you have moderately heavy-weight papers (90 lb or higher) it can take the gesso and wet mediums. And what a way to reward yourself for crossing tasks off of your list!
If you have experience with art journaling, please leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear from YOU!
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- National Mod Podge Day- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017
- Flower Fairies and Woodland Sprite Earth Day Craft - April 18, 2017
- Folk Art Color Shift Acrylic Paints - April 7, 2017
- Speed Collage- 7 Layers and in a Series - April 4, 2017