As many of you know, I am a planner failure. And I art journal in fits-and-starts; sometime it’s daily, and then I’ll go for months without doing a thing in it. But I do make quite a few lists and I use my journals to make my daily task lists and plan out projects for the blog, my show Hands On Crafts for Kids, and other things.
After a while, my journal is just an ugly mess of obsolete pages. So…now I transform them. Into art journal pages!
It’s pretty simple and easy to do, and a lovely way of rewarding yourself for getting those pesky lists DONE.
I’ve made you a video of the proces. It’s about 6 and a half minutes long, but you see the whole thing.
Now… if you are wondering, here are the products I’m using. (Some links may be affiliate links.)
- BeePaper Super Deluxe heavy weight drawing paper jounal (93 lbs paper), size 9″ by 9″
- DecoArt Acrylic Gesso (it’s very thick)
- Adirondack Inks
- Faber Castell Gelatos and/or
- Recollections Watercolor Crayons
- Rubber stamps
- India Black Ink
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Faber Castell metallic pitt pens
- Dylusions Paint Pens
- Paper Doilies and Washi tape
I hope you are inspired to try transforming your journals- as long as you have moderately heavy-weight papers (90 lb or higher) it can take the gesso and wet mediums. And what a way to reward yourself for crossing tasks off of your list!
If you have experience with art journaling, please leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear from YOU!
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
Great job, Jenny! And great inspiration for that post-divorce journal sitting in the top of my closet! Thanks for all you do!
Sharon Field says
Very nice result! You make everything look so easy and pretty! Love it……….
Karen in Upstate SC says
What a great idea! Never thought to do that! Thanks for the inspiration! I’m going to have to try this!