As many of you know, I am a planner failure. And I art journal in fits-and-starts; sometime it’s daily, and then I’ll go for months without doing a thing in it. But I do make quite a few lists and I use my journals to make my daily task lists and plan out projects for the blog, my show Hands On Crafts for Kids, and other things.
After a while, my journal is just an ugly mess of obsolete pages. So…now I transform them. Into art journal pages!
It’s pretty simple and easy to do, and a lovely way of rewarding yourself for getting those pesky lists DONE.
I’ve made you a video of the proces. It’s about 6 and a half minutes long, but you see the whole thing.
Now… if you are wondering, here are the products I’m using. (Some links may be affiliate links.)
- BeePaper Super Deluxe heavy weight drawing paper jounal (93 lbs paper), size 9″ by 9″
- DecoArt Acrylic Gesso (it’s very thick)
- Adirondack Inks
- Faber Castell Gelatos and/or
- Recollections Watercolor Crayons
- Rubber stamps
- India Black Ink
- Signo White Gel Pen
- Faber Castell metallic pitt pens
- Dylusions Paint Pens
- Paper Doilies and Washi tape
I hope you are inspired to try transforming your journals- as long as you have moderately heavy-weight papers (90 lb or higher) it can take the gesso and wet mediums. And what a way to reward yourself for crossing tasks off of your list!
If you have experience with art journaling, please leave me a comment below. I’d love to hear from YOU!
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017