So y’all know I am WAAAAAY into recycle crafting. In fact, if you take a look at my projects, over half of them are upcycled or recycled. So when my “internets friend” Johnnie Lanier reached out and let me know that she was partnering with Suzy Myers to create Totally Green crafts, I was all in.
Here’s a bit about their cool new site:
Totally Green Crafts is a place to find ideas and inspiration for crafts & DIY projects using recycled materials. This website is the compilation of ideas and finds from Johnnie Lanier of Saved by Love Creations, and Suzy Myers ofSuzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom.
We are all about taking care of our planet while making it look rad. Dig into some amazing upcycle crafts and DIY projects. You will be raiding the recycling before you know it.
I’ve clicked around and have seen some really great projects- I’ve been pinning a bunch to try out soon!
They are also holding a great contest right now (Sept. 14 2012 through Oct 12 2012). If you have cool recycled/green projects you’ve created, you enter their contest and submit them for a chance to win some prizes! And if you don’t have a blog- no worries! You can submit a photo of your creation. The theme is BOXES and you can find all of the deets right here.
So if you need some inspiration to craft in a more earth-friendly/ budget conscious way, or want to put your crafting skills to the test, make sure you check out Totally Green Crafts. If you are on Facebook, you can visit their page– and tell them CTD sent you! : )
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017