So y’all know I am WAAAAAY into recycle crafting. In fact, if you take a look at my projects, over half of them are upcycled or recycled. So when my “internets friend” Johnnie Lanier reached out and let me know that she was partnering with Suzy Myers to create Totally Green crafts, I was all in.
Here’s a bit about their cool new site:
Totally Green Crafts is a place to find ideas and inspiration for crafts & DIY projects using recycled materials. This website is the compilation of ideas and finds from Johnnie Lanier of Saved by Love Creations, and Suzy Myers ofSuzy’s Artsy Craftsy Sitcom.
We are all about taking care of our planet while making it look rad. Dig into some amazing upcycle crafts and DIY projects. You will be raiding the recycling before you know it.
I’ve clicked around and have seen some really great projects- I’ve been pinning a bunch to try out soon!
They are also holding a great contest right now (Sept. 14 2012 through Oct 12 2012). If you have cool recycled/green projects you’ve created, you enter their contest and submit them for a chance to win some prizes! And if you don’t have a blog- no worries! You can submit a photo of your creation. The theme is BOXES and you can find all of the deets right here.
So if you need some inspiration to craft in a more earth-friendly/ budget conscious way, or want to put your crafting skills to the test, make sure you check out Totally Green Crafts. If you are on Facebook, you can visit their page– and tell them CTD sent you! : )
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017
- “Distress Oxide” technique using Fireworks Ink Sprays - May 31, 2017
- Coastal Texture Paint Review and Demo - May 23, 2017
- Shell Treasure Box DIY - May 19, 2017
- Last-Minute Mother’s Day Gifts! - May 11, 2017
- Brit & Co Craft Kits Now at Target! - May 5, 2017
- Pebeo Paints Part 2: Fantasy Paints (Prisme & Moon) - May 2, 2017
- Show and Share: Eastern Palace Premiere Bundle from Stampin’ UP! - April 28, 2017
- Pebeo Liquid Oil Paints- Part 1: Vitrail, Opale, and Ceramic - April 25, 2017