Earlier this week I shared the Top Ten Posts of 2014– it’s good to go back and see what resonated with my crafty peeps, as it helps me to plan for this year’s content. Similarly, I want to go over the top VIDEOS- YouTube is a slightly different crowd with different habits, and it’s time to see what was popular there.
Here they are in order!
- #1 Video of the Year: Fishtail Bracelet -No Loom Needed All you need is a plastic fork and you’ll save your fingers from turning purple. Obviously this was a hit because rubber band looming was all the rage in 2014, and lots of kids and tweens were on YouTube looking for tutorials. Note to self- kiddos love tutorial videos, too!
- #2 Brother Scan N Cut part 1. Everyone wanted to see how the new digital die cutter on the block worked- and so this was a big video for folks who were looking via search engines. Not surprisingly, this was also one of the top posts on CTD too.
- #3 Tips for the Envelope Punch Board This is another one were search engines led frustrated crafters right to my door. And this was a cross-over from the top 10 posts, as well.
- #4 Overview & Demo of the Silhouette Portrait I love that folks use the internet to research their craft purchases! This shows me that trying ALL the new machines and making a videos is actually really helpful to crafters looking to make a big purchase.
- #5 Brother Scan N Cut, Pt 2: Stamped Images This year I made it a point to break up big reviews into smaller, bite-size chunks (with shorter watch times.) It looks like this is paying off, as crafters are taking the time to watch the installments!
- #6 Update on the Envelope Punch Board Remember what I said about #3 and solving problems for frustrated crafters? This one too.
- #7 Gift Box Punch Board I’m not sure just *why* this one is so popular- it does come up as the number two search result for videos…but other than that, I’m stumped. Anyone?
- #8 Brother ScanNCut Canvas Software Tutorial See? More shorter videos is a good thing. Happy to help!
- #9 CHA 2014: We R Memory Keepers Flower Punch I shot this video on the floor of CHA and while the quality isn’t perfect, it really gave my viewers a sneak peek of what would be hitting the stores later in the year. And it confirms that CHA (the Craft and Hobby Tradeshow) is really worthwhile for me to attend!
- #10 Darice Pom Pom Loom Tutorial This kind of makes me laugh… this is the OLDEST video on the list- (2010) and crappiest- I shot it on my old iPhone. But obviously, folks need better instructions on how to use it, or else they wouldn’t be finding my video!
So what can we take away from this?
Well, it seems that my YouTube audience is looking for SOLUTIONS to problems…especially with tools that don’t work as well as we hope! And RESEARCHING new products for future purchases seems to be a theme, as well! And a TIMELY TUTORIAL sprinkled in seems to be a good idea.
Interestingly, while I love to make organization or Craft Room Confessionals, they weren’t a part of my most-watched videos. Do any of you have anything to add to that? I’d love to hear your input.
So this being said, I’ll continue to create review videos for new tools and products, create trouble-shooting videos for “trouble” products, and tutorials as I get inspired will all be on the agenda for next year.
As always, I’m looking for ways to make YOUR crafting life easier, more informed, and more fun. Please leave me suggestions- I love to hear from you!
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018