I’ve been on a bit of a marker kick. And why not? Lots of colors, inexpensive, and versatile. So today we are looking at the Tombow Dual Brush Marker Pens.
Here’s how the company describes them:
Flexible brush tip and fine tip in one marker. Brush tip works like a paintbrush to create fine, medium or bold strokes; fine tip gives consistent lines. Dual Brush Pens are ideal for artists and crafters. The water-based ink is blendable and the resilient nylon brush retains it’s point stroke after stroke. 96 colors available including a colorless blender for shading.
- Ideal for fine art, illustrations, doodling, journaling, hand lettering and more
- Tips self-clean after blending
So let’s take a closer look! I’ve done this review as a video, which lasts about 10 minutes. You’ll se the still photos after that.
So let’s look again at those nibs.
Now a few things to keep in mind:
- available in sets and open stock
- water based AND water-reactive
- these only work on porous surfaces and are never permanent
- use with dye-based waterproof stamp pads for coloring images
- they’ve been around for a long time and are a trusted brand
- non-refillable and nibs are non-replacable.
- widely available
- excessive coloring will create “pills” on the paper
My bottom line is that these are a great entry-level marker.. the brush tip and writing nib makes it very versatile, and they aren’t so expensive that they will break the bank. I can use these along side my daughter and we both get good results, too! The felt tip is prone to breaking down over time, and I’d personally like the pen nib to be even finer for writing and detail work, but that’s just my personal opinion. But at the end of the day, I’ve had this set for years and they are serving me VERY well!
Your thoughts? Questions?
Affiliate links for handy shopping:
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017