Happy Friday, friends! We’re in the homestretch of the Christmas holiday now, and I’m STILL making little gifts. Today I came up with this idea to make some metal-work ornaments. Wanna see?
Disclosure- some of the links below may be affiliate links or links to reviews.
For this bird version, I then embossed the shape using a Cuttlebug folder. To make it really POP,Â I colored the de-bossed side with Bic Mark-It markers. (Read my review of them here.) Since they work on non-porous surfaces, they are optimal for metal crafts. And oh, how luminous these colors are:
Next, I decided to free-hand a design on a bird shape & hand-tool it so that it was 3-D. (I used assorted metal tools for this.)
Then I colored it in with my Bic Mark-It Markers and let them dry.
In the meanwhile, I cut an extra birds shape from embossed craft metal and from adhesive backed foamies. I peeled off the backing on the foamies and layered it in between the two layers of embossed metal. (I used The Best Glue Ever to glue the non-adhesive side.)
I placed a ribbon hanger in there, and voila- a hand-tooled ornament suitable for any season!
For this version, again, I free-handed my design. I started in the middle, with the heart, and worked my way out. When I was done tooling, I colored the design with my Bic Mark its and punched some holes. This piece will get mounted on a journal.
These other piece s could beÂ sweet little embellishments for a card or…hmmm. Not sure yet!
- NYC Craft Shopping and Haul (plus some chit-chat) - August 15, 2017
- DIY Quilled Paper Flower Embellishments - August 11, 2017
- Nine Easy Gel Printing Techniques for Beginners! - August 2, 2017
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017