Happy Friday, friends! We’re in the homestretch of the Christmas holiday now, and I’m STILL making little gifts. Today I came up with this idea to make some metal-work ornaments. Wanna see?
Disclosure- some of the links below may be affiliate links or links to reviews.
For this bird version, I then embossed the shape using a Cuttlebug folder. To make it really POP,Â I colored the de-bossed side with Bic Mark-It markers. (Read my review of them here.) Since they work on non-porous surfaces, they are optimal for metal crafts. And oh, how luminous these colors are:
Next, I decided to free-hand a design on a bird shape & hand-tool it so that it was 3-D. (I used assorted metal tools for this.)
Then I colored it in with my Bic Mark-It Markers and let them dry.
In the meanwhile, I cut an extra birds shape from embossed craft metal and from adhesive backed foamies. I peeled off the backing on the foamies and layered it in between the two layers of embossed metal. (I used The Best Glue Ever to glue the non-adhesive side.)
I placed a ribbon hanger in there, and voila- a hand-tooled ornament suitable for any season!
For this version, again, I free-handed my design. I started in the middle, with the heart, and worked my way out. When I was done tooling, I colored the design with my Bic Mark its and punched some holes. This piece will get mounted on a journal.
These other piece s could beÂ sweet little embellishments for a card or…hmmm. Not sure yet!
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017
- Three Washi Tape Card Ideas - October 19, 2017
- Crafty Travel: Inside John Lewis in London, UK - October 17, 2017
- Alcohol Inks on Acetate- Greeting Cards Three Ways! - September 28, 2017