Rustic chic is still all the rage and when I saw these cute little galvanized tin pails, and my mind started to run wild. Today I have five ideas for using tin pail favors- FIVE! They are only 2 inches, but they are so perfect for so many things. Here are some cute ways you can use them in your “DIY” wedding celebration!
- Seedling Favors. These are so great to display on a table at the end of the wedding reception, for guests to take as as they are leaving. Perfect for an eco-friendly/”green” couple, I just wrote”Let Love Grow” in black permanent marker to finish off the sentiment.
- Crayon Caddies. If you’ve got kids coming to your wedding reception, youâ€™ll certainly want to have one of these for each child! (And make sure they get white paper place-mats, too.) Kids can scribble and color during the reception, and then carry home their own special favor. (You”ll win extra points with the Moms, too!)
- Birdseed/Rice Carriers. In many wedding ceremonies, it’s traditional to throw rice at the couple at the end of the wedding to bestow fertility. This tradition has been given a more bird-friendly twist and now attendees throw birdseed. Have a table with these sweet pails of seed embellished with “For the Love Birds” as folks exit the church. A simple lily/ribbon sticker adorns the pail, too.
- Jordan Almond Favors. This is another time-honored tradition, with the guest eating 5 almonds- but I like to fill mine to the brim! I lined this pail with 4 circles of white tulle and nestled my candies inside. A rhinestone heart sticker adds some â€œbling,â€ and the white charm says “Thank You.” What a cute gift to leave on each plate at the wedding reception!
- Tealights. Emblazoned with the couples monogram (a very hot trend right now), these battery-operated LED lights provide a festive, yet safe glow. Place them on the tables at the reception, along the gift table- anywhere you need a little light!
Side note- The vinyl stickers were cut out using the Cricut and the Storybook cartridge. Have fun!
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017