In a sudden and somewhat shocking announcement today, Ranger Ink and Tim Holtz issued a press release announcing that Tim will not longer serve as the Creative Director for the company.
From the release:
We are excited to continue working with Tim on the Distress and Alcohol Ink lines as a manufacturer, distributer, and worldwide marketing partner. Our customers will see no changes to our products and we will continue to offer the same great service behind Tim’s product lines with Ranger.
Tim Holtz has served as the Director of Education and most recently the Creative Director of Ranger Ink for the past 14 years. On October 3rd at 1 AM, he posted the same press release– with the tile of “The Journey Continues.” However, what was conspicuously absent was any addition information, thoughts, comments or reassurance to his huge fanbase.
One can only speculate the reason for his stepping back from such a prominent role. Could it have been creative differences with other Ranger designers? Tim’s increasing popularity and need to branch out/expand roles with other companies? Personally, I’m likely to think the latter. We will just have to wait to see what surprises might come next!
Either way, we certainly will expect continued great things from both Tim AND Ranger Ink.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018