Stamp Positioners are a HUGE thing right now- and Tim Holtz has joined the party with his Stamp Positioner by Tonic Studios. This stamping tool features a magnetic platform, open sides, an etched lid, and padding UNDER the platform for a bit of give and a non-skid surfaces.
Lucky for us, we got not one but TWO demos of the tool! One came from Paula at Tonic Studios. This video was captured as part of a live broadcast, so the footage is a bit grainy. However, she does a great job of telling us all about the features and benefits of the Stamp Positioner:
Some of the features I really love about this tool:
- easy wipe-off surface (the first one to have that)
- markings in both Inches and metric
- open on 2 sides for larger papers
- grid is etched in so markings don’t rub off
- platform is magnetic so you can use magnets to keep the paper secure
- the lid FULLY LIFTS OFF!!!! This is also unique to this tool. You use one side for rubber, the other side for clear cling.
In this next video, we hear straight from Tim himself and hear all about the Stamp Positioner.
From the Simon Says Stamp website:
An innovative surface for precision stamping with Rubber and Clear stamps. Take your stamping to the next level with the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform. Designed to perfectly accommodate both clear and rubber stamps – and engineered to ensure an accurate even contact every time – the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform is a must have for any creative stamper!
Highly durable, the Tim Holtz Stamp Platform is perfect for crafters attending classes or clubs or anyone requiring a tool for extensive stamping.
8.5 x 8.5 inch top and side ruler: marked in both imperial and metric measurements accurately placing stamps at specific intervals couldn’t be easier.
- 1 x sturdy magnetic base plate with dual side and top measuring rulers
- 1 x clear dual thickness, metal hinged stamping plate. Each side is marked to show the thickness of stamp that should be used. Use one side for clear stamps and the other for rubber stamps. Guarantees a perfect, even contact between stamp and medium.
Now, if you’ve already decided that you MUST have this tool (which has a 10X10) platform, BTW- it’s going to retail for $39.99. It’s launching in April 2017. If you want to be first in line, you can pre-order now with this affiliate link from Simon Says Stamp: http://shrsl.com/?gbji
I personally have a MISTI, Fiskars Stamp Press AND the Hampton Arts Version- and this one beats all. Can’t wait to get mine!
- Tuesday Morning Craft Haul- July 2017 - July 27, 2017
- Review and Demo of Sign Brush Felt Tip Markers from Pentel Arts - July 22, 2017
- Mixed Media Paper Feathers - July 18, 2017
- Organizing Distress Stain Ink Pads - July 14, 2017
- Review and demo of On Point Glue from Imagine Crafts - July 12, 2017
- Magic-Glos UV Curing Resin by Lisa Pavelka - July 6, 2017
- “Firecracker” Rice Treat Pops - July 4, 2017
- Dare 2B Artzy Hybrid Stamp Pad- review and demo - June 28, 2017
- Modern Crafts + Activism - June 22, 2017
- Jewelry Tutorial: Making a Resin Pride Pin - June 13, 2017