Hereâ€™s another lovely craft for October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month- a sparkly Pink Ribbon bookmark! What a lovely gift to give to a survivor.
- Shepherdâ€™s Hook Bookmark
- 22 guage wire cut into a 15 length )
- Pink Bead mix
- 2 4MM Swarovski Bicone crystals, AB finish
- 2 6MM Swarovski Bicone crystal beads, AB finish
- Pink Rhinestone Ribbon charm
I got this idea after making the Breast Cancer Awareness earrings– I had some leftover crystals and wire, and decided to use the same â€œswirlingâ€ wire look for the bookmark. Refer back to that project for specific techniques.
So the process is similar: starting 3 inches from the end of the wire, make a wired loop with your round nose pliers. Before you wrap the loop completely, slide in your pink ribbon rhinestone charm, then wrap 3 times and snip the excess with the flush cut pliers.
Next, slide on the glass beads and Swarovski crystals in the pattern of your choice. I alternated mine.
Start a loop at the â€œTopâ€, using the widest part of the round-nose pliers. Before wrapping the loop, slide the shephardâ€™s hook. Then wrap the wire 3 times to close the loop. To make the â€œswirlyâ€ bit, wrap your wire around each bead and then make a single wrap in between each. When you get to the bottom, wrap the wire 3 times and then snip with the cutters to finish it off
There you go. These are really easy and make lovely keepsake gifts. Have fun!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018