As per my usual, I was surfin’ for some new projects to try. Martha Stewart has her new craft show in DIYNetwork, and I thought I’d check out her site.
Gotta give that woman props, the site is beautiful. So I check out the “Sewn Candy Dishes.” Cute, looks accessible, maybe I’ll try one. And there is a supply list on the right hand side, so again, gotta give that woman credit… of course she’s selling them all through her site.
And the cost of this little paper project? $143.89.
No, really- if you bought all of her coordinating cardstock (5 packs), the bone folder, cutting mat, twine, gluestick, ruler, scissors, screwpunch, etc. (it’s a miracle she isn’t trying to sell the pencil, too) it comes to quite a pretty penny.
For a paper bowl. Really.
I’m guessing we should try the project without buying the overpriced supplies, using what you have on hand. Ya think?
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018