Disclosure: some product provided for review purposes. Links below may be affiliate links and CTD will receive a small commission from your purchase. Opinions are 100% our own and based on first-hand experience with the product. Thank you!
You might have heard- coloring books for adults are HOT. (And not in the icky/pornographic way, but in the way it’s SUPER-popular!) It’s an international phenomena and it seems everyone is jumping on the coloring book train to promote creativity and destressing. But what are the best coloring books for adults? Well, let me show you a few!
While it’s not Art Therapy, I do love the idea of setting your mind free and maybe even trying out some new tips and techniques.
If you are just getting started, here are some of the books I showed you (affiliate links) and some products *I* love to get you started.
- The Artful Mandala from Cher Kaufman
- Enchanted Forest by Johanna Basford (and postcards, too.)
- Coloring Dream Mandalas by Wendy Piersall
- Color Me Happy by Lacy Mucklow, MA, ATR-BC, LPAT (Certified Art Therapist and counselor!)
- Mandalas: Coloring for Everyone and Mandalas: Coloring for Artists from Skyhorse Publishing
- Paisleys: Coloring for Everyone and Paisleys: Coloring for Artists from Skyhorse Publishing
- Artists’ Coloruring Book from Pepin; Arabian Patterns
And if you need some supplies, I highly recommend these tools. Affiliate link is first, and then a link to the review after it if you’d like to know more about them or see them in action!
- Derwent Inktense Pencils; Review of Derwent Inktense Pencils
- Zig Clean Brush Markers; Review of Zig Clean Brush Markers
- Chameleon Markers; Review of Chameleon Markers
- Faber Castell Poly Chromos Pencils (review coming soon)
There are a ton of great other books and tools folks are using, too.
I hope you’ll weigh in with a comment and share WHY you like coloring and what tools and/or books you love!
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017
- Thanksgiving Crafts You Can DIY - November 17, 2017
- Crafty Shopping Trip and Haul from Fabric District at Sacre Coeur Basilica, Paris France - November 15, 2017
- Craft Haul and Trip to Liberty of London, UK – October 2017 - November 1, 2017
- Glittered Napkin Card Techniques- Three Ways - October 30, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Blade Rubber in London UK - October 25, 2017
- Craft Haul and Visit to Le BHV in Paris, France - October 20, 2017