I love to make special place settings for holidays- and it helps me gently communicate to my guests where I’d like everyone to sit. And with these Pilgrim Hat Place Card Holders for Thanksgiving, I can recycle AND share a little after-dinner candy, too! How fun is that?
I was inspired by the Frosty Hat Ornaments I made last year. But for this version, I wanted to make it really kid-friendly & extra “recycle-y.” (Is that a word? It is now.)
Here’s your supply list: (Amazon affiliate links included.Feel free to use them or not, but if you do- THANK YOU because those pennies I make as an affiliate mean I can keep creating content & keep the website running.)
- Individual coffee cups- “K-Cups” (I bet you know someone who has one of these & will save them for you!
- Brown felt
- Recycled soda pop tabs
- white glue
- black cardstock
- scissors or craft knife
- wrapped candy
- Black Paint Markers or spraypaint, if you have an adult doing this part.
I was thrilled to share this segment on Hands On Crafts for Kids- take a look!
Pro Tip: If you are working with the little kids, the paint markers or tempera paints are the way to go. But if you are making an TON of these and/or want a more professional look, have an adult spray paint the K-Cups in advance.
Now if you like this one, you also may like the Frosty Hat Ornaments I made last year. Same idea, different spin.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018