We often travel over Thanksgiving, but this year we are staying home and offering the feast. It’s going to be extra-special this year as our Italian foreign-exchange student will be having her first American Thanksgiving. So of course, I’m going to make it a little extra-special with this pretty- but easy- tablescape (#turkeytablescapes) featuring decoupaged candles!
These are actually VERY easy to do (and it’s not a new idea by a long shot). You could even get your kiddos to do them for you a day ahead of time. What you need is:
- Regular Wax or Flameless Electric Candles. One 8 inch pillar and 2 4″ pillars in ivory are what I used.
- Turkey or leaf napkins
- Decoupage medium of choice. I’m a fan of the old Mod Podge, but use what you like!
- small scissors to cut out the images
- foam brush
- little embellishments like the acorn jingle bells.
You can find all of these items at your local Joann Stores. (And I have a coupon for you below, too!)
Now let’s get crafting. I made you a little video so you could see just how I do it!
Just let your decoupage dry for a full 24 hours. And use common sense if you have regular candles- keep an eye on them. (Usually they outside will not melt on these larger candles, but be careful.
You can also use this idea for Christmas or Hanukkah, too- just use the paper napkins you would buy for a party (trees, dreidles, menorahs, snowmen, etc, etc,) and then for your accent candles, use cute things like pinecones, snowflakes, plastic gelt- you get the idea! And wouldn’t this make a cool gift? You could give it as a sweet hostess gift. And really, the price of supplies is under $15.00!
I’m ready for Thanksgiving- at least the decorating! How about you?
Now, if you’d like to go shopping, I have a lovely gift for YOU- a coupon for 50% off! Happy shopping and go get crafty!
Disclosure: JoAnn Fabric and Gift Stores gave me a gift card to go shopping so that I could create this post for you. All ideas and opinions are 100% honest and my own. For more fun ideas, please visit: joann.com/celebrate-the-season and peruse the craft catalog: http://bit.ly/1dZqWsw.
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018