Hey Crafty Friends! For those of you who celebrate Halloween, can I ask a crafty favor of you?
Make one more craft- a Teal Pumpkin.
Did you know that 1 in 13 children has a food allergy? That’s a LOT of trick-or-treaters who are getting a whole lot of nothing in their candy bags.
For the past 2-3 years, I have handed out glow sticks, vampire teeth, stickers and even pencils for kids who have food allergies. My daughter’s friend has multiple allergies, and it all started as a way of making Little Miss M feel like she was getting some goodies, just like her friends.
This year I became aware of the #TealPumpkinProject and decided to paint a pumpkin (a faux one, so I can use it year after year.)
Here are some good ideas for things to hand out either WITH your regular candy goodies or instead of them.
It’s so funny- I found that a LOT of the kids liked the non-food items, allergies or not. It’s just different and fun!
Can I convince you?
Below is a sign you can just print out and place near your door- just copy it and select “fit to page” when you go to print it out.
Make sure you check out http://www.foodallergy.org/teal-pumpkin-project for more ideas and support. Thanks for your time!
You may also like these other kid-friendly Halloween party and treats:
Just a reminder-you can get more fun crafty tips on my Facebook Page, join the conversation on Twitter, or even follow my Pins on Pinterest. And if you don’t want to miss a single day of CTD, sign up for my email list on the side bar. Thanks!
Have fun & happy crafting!
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018