Can I tell you a secret? I’m really not into baking that much. After all, my Mom has the “mother-of-all-cutout-cookies” recipe and is CLEARLY the queen of the cookies. But I do enjoy making candies. Well, kind of candies. Mostly “cheater” candies.
But you know what else? They are pretty dang good.
So I thought I’d give you a peek at what I make for our holiday gift exchange and maybe you’ll like them, too.
These tasty nummies taste like the Thin Mints Girl Scout cookies…but guess what? They are crackers!! Just dip them in some melted chocolate (I use the Wilton Make N Mold Candy Wafers) and sprinkle some crushed candy canes on top. If you click the photo, you will go to the post with the whole “how-to” and see how I box them up for little gifties.
These are what I was making yesterday, and posted on Instagram- Chocolate Pretzel Snaps. These are SO tasty, with white chocolate, salty pretzels and an M&M of your choice on top. These are so easy to make- line up the pretzel snaps on a baking tray, and place 1 chocolate melt on each. (I use colored ones or white, and the flavor is “white chocolate.” Place in an oven at 275 degrees for 10 minutes or until the chocolate wafer goes all glossy. Then remove from the oven and top with an M&M. These are dark chocolate, but you could use any flavor you like. These are fun and easy for class parties, too.
Lastly, we have my favorite- Cream Cheese Candies. These melt-in-your-mouth smooth and creamy goodies are SO easy to make and are perfect for just a little sweet. This year we made yellow stars (lemon) and purple discs (coconut.) Tonight I’m making pink peppermint hearts to round it out! You can get the recipe here and see how I molded them using hand-made Lego molds. But for the holidays we are making a LOT- so instead, I roll out the dough much like a pie crust- just a little thicker-and use fondant cutters to make the shapes. The key to these candies is to let them dry on one side for about an hour or so, and then to flip them over so that they dry on both sides. When they are no longer sticky you can put them in an air-tight container. These are also great to make into little packs to give to the neighbors!
So that’s what I’ve been up to the past few evenings. What sweet treats do YOU make for the holiday season?
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018
- “OLT” Craft Challenge for 2018 - January 16, 2018
- Cutting Shrink Film with a Cricut Die Cutting Machine - January 12, 2018
- Nuvo Aqua Shimmer Glitter Brush Pen Review from Tonic, Demo & Comparison - January 9, 2018
- Arteza Real Brush Markers Review and Demo - January 5, 2018
- NUVO Aqua Flow Markers (review and demo) - January 3, 2018
- Mini Blossom Die Cutting Machine from Altenew (Review and Demo) - December 8, 2017
- Review and Demo of the Nuvo Brush Script Pens from Tonic Studios - December 6, 2017
- Metallic Accents Watercolor Review and Demo (Prima Marketing) - November 28, 2017
- Stampin’ Blends from Stamin’ UP Review and Demo - November 21, 2017