This year at CHA I noticed the trend of using stencils in paper crafting, home decor, and mixed media is still going strong. I picked up some samples to play with and got inspired! I am personally drawn to the geometrics, tribals, and city scapes. I even made a little video!
I misspoke about a few of those designs! WHOOPS! But here is a closer look a the stencil designs along with the correct designer’s name. (Sorry, Ronda- I love your designs!!)
First up are from Claudine Hellmuth (Ranger):
Ronda Palazzari (The Crafter’s Workshop):I really see the trend of geometrics, cityscapes, tribals (including mandalas) and florals/birds still abound. What trends do you see? Which do you like best?
If you’d like to see a fun way to use your stencils as a rubbing plate, make sure you check out the video I made here. While I was playing, I came up with a fresh stencil technique using Mod Podge Gloss as a resist. Check it out!
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018
- Creativation 2018: New Product Showcase - January 20, 2018