Right about now I need a little spring- it’s still dark out and my world is shrouded in white. How about a little spring kissing ball to brighten things up? It’s easy, and your glue gun will be your best friend on this one!
- Styrofoam ball- 4″ is good
- Sheet moss
- Glue Gun & sticks
- Hot Glue Gun Helpers (optional, but barely!)
- Silk flowers (great for upcycling old arrangements)
- rhinestones (small)
Start by covering your Styrofoam ball with moss. You don’t have to be super-perfect about it, just cover it so you can’t see the white.
Then add some ribbon. I circled around the ball twice, dividing it into four quadrants. Again, a glue gun is perfect for this, and my pressing wand made it easy.
Next, layer on some silk flowers. I used a three layers of them, hot-gluing in between each layer. Add a rhinestone in the middle of your smallest flower.
I also added a layer of 2 flowers before adding some ribbon for a hanger (2 loops and a longer hanging loop worked for me, but modify as you like for your design and weight of ribbon.)
For the bottom, and added 2 layers of flowers, 4 ribbons to hang down, and lastly added a small corded tassel I made from some leftover crochet yarn. You could buy a tassel or just omit it. It’s up to you.
My little final touch was a silk leaf attached to the ribbons. Because that’s how I roll!
But really, make it how YOU like it…take the idea and run with it. And watch where you hang it- you might get smooched!
If you need to buy products to make this project, I hope you’ll use my affiliate links:
- Spooky Spider Halloween Bookmark Craft - October 24, 2018
- Review and Demo of LDRS Hybrid Ink Pads - October 15, 2018
- Review and Demo of Nuvo Hybrid Inks - October 1, 2018
- Craft Studio Tour and Organization Ideas - September 20, 2018
- Tonic Studios Dies Unboxing (Giveaway Closed) - April 20, 2018
- Wax Paper Resist Background Technique - March 20, 2018
- Comparison of Liquid Watercolor Markers/Pens - March 16, 2018
- SAI Japanese Traditional Watercolor Brush Markers- Review & Demo - February 23, 2018
- Rinea Metallic Foil Paper & Ghost Ink Review - February 21, 2018
- Jane Davenport debuts at Creativation 2018 & Watercolor Card - February 13, 2018